Please see below our current job vacancies:
Chef (Full Time)
Start Date: Immediate
Hours: Full time.
We are looking for a new chef with a passion for great looking & tasting food to join our experienced kitchen team at 16 Steakhouse & Venue 16, ideally the candidate will be to a Chef de Partie level in skill set.
As a large venue that can hold multiple events at once and have a full restaurant there is always something different going on to get your teeth stuck into.
For this position you will be required to work in the restaurant kitchen as well as our banquette kitchen for large scale events.
This role does NOT require you to split shifts. This role involves a changing shift rota, so you will NOT be working every weekend.
Duties for this job will include but will not be limited to:
• Preparing, cooking and presenting high quality dishes in both our restaurant kitchen & banqueting kitchen
• Assisting with the management of health and safety
• Management of food hygiene practices
• Assisting the head chef with menu development
• Monitoring portion and waste control
• Assisting with the training of any commis chefs
You will ideally have the below experience and general skills:
• Knowledge and ability to run section
• Ability to work without close supervision
• High level of attention to detail
• Enthusiasm to develop your own skills and knowledge
• Adaptability to change and willingness to embrace new ideas and processes
• Positive and approachable manner
• Team player qualities
• Minimum 1 years relevant experience
• Awareness of manual handling techniques
• Knowledge of Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations (COSHH) and chemical safety
• Experience of kitchen equipment
• Experience of dangerous equipment such as knives
• Understandable level of English spoken and written
For more information or for an informal chat please email email@example.com or call our office on 01473 250 816.
To apply for a position please send a CV with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the job title in your email heading.